Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What now?

I have honestly been off for a while.

In the time I was in my internship, I dedicated a lot of time to it and learned a lot. The rest of the time, I spent finding festivals, making math to check how much money I could spend and writing up addresses to places all over the world. To be honest, I also gave myself time to see friends and enjoy my family.

So where did the art time go?

There was none really, just doodles here and there.

But I am finally done with my internship with a new set of knowledge and completely out of money to send my film into festivals.

After winning First Friday Shorts at the Loft Cinema ( a cultural cinema theatre in Tucson AZ) I realized that I had nothing really done. I mean, I was able to successfully finish my first film and send it to festivals. I was able to go to an internship and learn how the commercial animation industry worked and how hard it really was.

But it didn't put me off.

Now I have all this free time until I find a job.

So, whats next?

1. Make several illustrations to add to my portfolio.
2. Freelance as much as I can to get experience.
3. Start writing out my stories in script form to be prepared for them in the future.
4. Start on my next animated short.

Endorphins are serious business.

No comments:

Post a Comment